Saturday, December 03, 2005

Longer and longer



Well as some of you may or may not know, I figure I should give an official update on my plans. I have committed to a two year position here. This means that I will come home for March and April, and then return for two years. I am really excited about this. It took a long time of analyzing agonizing and anguishing to come to this decision, but I am confident that it is the right one. It is an amazing opportunity that I have to make a real difference in a place where there is so much good that I can do. I am amazed at the opportunities that have opened up for me. I will be able to talk to you about them more when I return home. Please email me and let me know your thoughts.

We are off to Turkey tomorrow for a week. We will be visiting the seven churches there in a moving classroom. That's code for big smelly bus. Then I will return and will be in Tel Aviv for the next seven weeks. Then three more weeks, and the class is over. Wahoo!!

I learned how to play No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley this week.

Since I have committed to a longer time here, I am in the process of trying to raise funds. I will be sending an email out, describing my vision and plans and the need. If you are interested in contributing to my cause, please send me an email and I can give you more info. Yes, you will get a receipt for a tax break.

I love you and miss you,
Michael