Sunday, November 13, 2005

It happened!


I have been here so long, I have gone to great lengths to try and fit in and not look like a foreigner. I am having a reverse Michael Jackson treatment. Just kidding. Actually, this picture is taken at the Dead See. We went there last weekend for some relaxation time. Here are some tips if you ever go to the Dead Sea.

Do smear mud all over yourself. It's great.
Do go with some people that know what their doing. It helps.
Do spend the entire day there. It's relaxing.

Don't open your eyes in the water. It hurts.
Don't take one of you favorite towels. It will stink.
Don't drink the water. It's gross.

I have never been one to care about or even notice the softness of my skin. And I still don't. Let me make that really clear. But it was amazing, for three days after going and swimming, my skin was really soft. I mean really soft.

So what really happened was that I was homesick for the first time in seven months. I have missed family and friends and stuff like that before. This was different. I was really, really homesick. Some family and friends had gone to New York to be there for my sister's surprise engagement. My dad called me from the Brooklyn Tabernacle which is a really famous church in Brooklyn Yes, it's in Brooklyn. Hi, my name is captain obvious. What's yours?. He left his phone going and let me listen to the singing. The choir there is world renown. As I was sitting there listening, it really hit me how far away I was. My sister's engagement is one of the things that I really missed being able to be a part of. Anyway. Just so that you know, I miss you all very much.