Happy fourth! Belated.

What do you do on the fourth of July? You barbeque. That's right, world. You barbeque. Americans where in the minority this Independence day. There were five of us. We celebrated with six Koreans, two South Africans (that was a little strange considering their English roots) three Germans, and a Chilean. We cooked hotdogs and hamburgers.
I made deviled eggs. So, I had never made deviled eggs before. I combined a couple of recipes that I found on the internet. Just in case you were thinking of making deviled eggs, here are some pointers.
-Don't buy your eggs in the Middle East.
-Don’t cook your eggs right side up. The yoke will be down at the bottom of the egg so there is little space between the white and the hole where the yoke was.
-If your using a Ziploc bag for you squeeze bag and you get a clog, don't just squeeze the bag really hard. You'll make a very large mess. Take my word for it.
-IMPORTANT: If you end up with a lot of extra yellow stuff when you are finished, don't take a huge spoon of it and eat it. It will make you sick.
The food was great, it felt a little like home. Except for when we had to sing the National Anthem. We hammed it up good. People got a kick out of it. Except maybe the neighbors.
After dinners we introduced another American favorite. S'mores. I don't even like s'mores. But again, a little taste of home was good.

<< Home